Extra Curricular Activities
In furthering the education of the whole person philosophy, Mercy College offers students a range of extra-curricula opportunities to choose from.
At Mercy College our curriculum aims to incorporate many extra curricula activities into the Subject Areas. This has the added bonus of allowing students to gain credit for them and other activities they may do outside of school. We find that students are motivated by this and feel rewarded for their efforts.
A number of extra-curricular opportunities are available including:
- ANZAC Day March
- Book Club
- Performing Arts: Choir, Handbells, Concert Band, Junior Band, Mass Band, String Ensemble, Drum Corps, African Percussion Ensemble, School Musical
- School Magazine
- St Vincent De Paul
- Rostrum Public Speaking Competition
- Interact (service club connected to Rotary)
- 40 Hour Famine
- St Francis of Assissi Nursing Home
- Sporting Teams: rugby league, rugby union, touch football, AFL, soccer, futsal, basketball, hockey and lawn bowls
- Student Committees: Cultural, Indigenous, Environmental, Social, Student Wellbeing, Sports, Book Club, Yearbook, Interact, Information Technology
- Student Representative Council